I did it!

woohooo!!!

yes i heard you asking... "did what?" and here i'm going to reveal... =P

i signed up for the Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore!
(Sidetrack: I believe in previous years it was called the "Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon".. cause this year it's no longer held together with SSC so it's not *THE* Singapore marathon anymore and hence the change of name.. haha. Even the URL is different. LOL)

Ok ok back to what I was talking about.. YES!! I signed up for the 10km run! (No lah not the half nor full marathon! :P) But hey it's a damn big step for me because I can't run for nuts. The furthest I ever dragged myself was for the 9km run I damn reluctantly did at the end of my OBS 9-day camp (which was damn great fun BTW) in JC2. (or JC1? =/). So... please I need all the encouragement I can ever get right now!

I actually resolved to take part in a run earlier this year, and I even wanted to sign up for the adidas sundown marathon, which is happen this or next weekend i think. But I was too bummy and I really couldn't bring myself to go train and run for the marathon and as time dragged... January passed... February passed... March passed.. and sometime in between the registration was closed and tadaah! There goes my resolution. BOOO. Lousy me.

So yesterday, my 大姐 jio-ed me for the StandChart, and she said she'll be participating with Clara (who's going to do the FunDash. Damn kewl.)  I hesitated for a while... initially I thought that it's damn difficult for me to train lah... I don't think I can even do a 1km now... I haven't been running for really damn long liao... so I wanted to put it off. But then it dawned upon myself that... hey! I've just given up... even without trying! How weak is that? I'm not very young already... and I don't think I want to waste any more time thinking about "if only i had....". Furthermore it was part of my resolution.. and now since I have company and time and more motivation.. why not just take the plunge?? My da jie even offered me her California Fitness package to "kop". So..... Just do it!!

The run is going to be on 5 Dec... which is my birthday! What better present to give myself than a big tick on a very difficult (ok at least for me.. i think so) resolution, and I can proudly say that I worked really hard, and give me a big patt on my back!!! Not to mention that I'm hoping that I'll go run more often and that'll help me to shed off more weight!!!

So for now... I need to go shopping.... for a new pair of running shoes!!! (yeah... excuse to go shopping again!)

I really need to be very disciplined on this. I will need to train damn hard bcos my current state is... **bleah**.

AJA AJA HWAITING! JIA YOU!

0 comments:

Copyright © 2009 - QiaoLing - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template